Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Andrew day!
















Andrew has been making me feel really guilty lately..."the other moms pick up their kids after school and they get to go home! Why do I have to go to the daycare? Some kids only go to daycare one or two days, I have to go everyday." (He takes the school bus over to the daycare everyday around 11:30). I explained to him that I have to work and he's lucky because he has so many friends, at school and also at the daycare. He said he didn't care, he wanted me to pick him up and take him home after school.

So I took the day off today and picked him up. He was SO excited...he got up extra early this morning. When school was finished, he was almost the first one out of the school running to meet me! We went to Walmart for a bit, came home and had lunch, played on the computer, went to the library. Around 4:00 I asked him if he had a good day hanging out with mommy. He said "it was kind of boring". I said "this is what it would be like everyday if I picked you up from school...do you like this?" He said quietly "no". He kept asking when Nathan was going to come home from daycare. He ran to the door when Nathan came home...couldn't wait to see him!

I think he's looking forward to getting on that school bus tomorrow and going to daycare.

No comments: